Monitor 2 is the newest addition to Blizzard Entertainment’s roster of multiplayer hero shooters. The game was released on October 4, 2022, following Overwatch, released in 2016.
Overwatch 2 comes with three main hero categories: Tank, Damage, and Support. D.Va is a Tank hero with a myriad of abilities and add-ons that can be used to quickly evade incoming threats.
Note: This article is subjective and reflects the opinions of the author only.
Taking advantage of D.Va’s defensive gaps is a great way to deal with the Tank hero in Overwatch 2
D. Go uses a state-of-the-art robot to fight enemies that deal high damage in certain ranges. The hero is one of top rated tanks in the game due to its versatility in different situations. It is an excellent choice for beginners.
However, D.Va is relatively easy to take down once players identify gaps in her defense.
D.VA is equipped with a high-tech mechanism capable of absorbing a lot of damage. It also blocks a lot of incoming damage.
Here is a list of D.Va’s abilities in Overwatch 2 with a brief explanation:
- Light gun: This is the weapon that D.Va uses outside of her robot.
- Boosters (L-Shift): D.Va uses booster jets on her robot to fly forward.
- Defense Matrix (Secondary Fire): D.Va projects a transparent defensive shield that blocks all incoming projectile attacks.
- Micro Missiles (E): Launches a volley of rockets in the direction the reticle is pointed.
- Eject (passive): D.Va has a passive that automatically ejects her out of her robot when it’s destroyed.
- Self-destruct (ultimate): D.Va overloads her robot and ejects herself to safety before it explodes after a short delay. It can deal massive damage which can also destroy healthy tanks.
- Call Mech (Ultimate Alternate): When outside of her mech, D.Va can use an alternate ultimate ability that drops a new mech to use.
D.Va has no ability to heal herself or the robot. This means it can be easy for opponents to keep damaging it and ultimately knock it down. The hero is particularly weak when ejected from his robot.
Here are some of the best counters to use against D.Va in Overwatch 2:
Reaper is a deadly hero who can deal a lot of damage at close range. Her signature dual shotguns can quickly eat away at D.Va’s health and force her to eject. When this happens, she will become more vulnerable than a helpless, stuck person. support hero.
Junkrat is a great choice against all Tank heroes in Overwatch 2. He can be used to spam continuous rounds of grenades from a safe distance while placing steel traps in case D.Va decides to get close using his ability to move. Trapping D.Va will make her a sitting duck. The whole team can then band together and destroy it in seconds.
Bastion is another tank killer in the game. There are only so many incoming projectiles that D.Va will be able to block. Bastion can keep unloading heavy rounds of ammo repeatedly to annihilate the robot and eject it.
Sombra is a great choice against heroes like D.Va as she can move stealthily and hack her opponent, disabling the player’s access to her movement and damage blocking abilities.
While Sombra’s firepower might be insufficient to completely take out D.Va, it still prevents the Tank hero from getting into fights quickly. She will then become an easy target for allies to kill.
These are all the best counters players can use against D.Va in battle.
Overwatch 2 is currently available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series consoles, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Stay tuned to Sportskeeda for more Overwatch 2 hero and hero counters mastery guides.